Posted : Friday 14 June, 2002
5 Best Cartoons. Ever!

There have been cartoons that have made a big difference in my life, these cartoons are so great, they are noteworthy. These cartoons were what made life worth living. The made other television or activities feel like torture. They made you want to erect shrines for them or devote your life, just for them. That's what is so great about them. They made your life feel complete and you had a sense of happiness. The way i rated them was that #5 was the best #1 was my least favorite of the best cartoons. So, Without further ado or stalling i bring you, The 5 Best Cartoons. Ever!

We don't come in no slacks, bitches!

5.) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
This is one of the best cartoons, ever. It had everything, crime fighting, karate, great villians and merchandise up the wazoo. There was TMNT frisbees, bedsheets, piņatas, of course toys and a whole slew of other things. Knowing a lot about this show made you cool, and owning the merchandise was cooler. If you had one of the frisbees and you threw it and shouted "COWABUNGA" with all your might, you'd be viewed as a king.

That's what was great about this show, it had heroes named after painters and whatnot of the Renaissance. The story was also great, it had some japanese guy (sensai Splinter) and he was fighting Shredder, i think. Anyways, there's this kid, he goes to the pet shop and buys 4 turtles. As he ran out of the store in excitement he drops the turtles in the sewer and they land in mutagen, creating the ninja turtles. Theres more to it, but i don't think i even explained this part right.

Thunder,Thunder,Thunder...THUNDERCATS!!! HO!!!

4.) ThunderCats
This cartoon is still one of my favorites, i don't really remember too much of it from my childhood, me being 5 years old then, but i watch it now that it is on Cartoon Network, when i've got children i am going to honor ThunderCats by naming one of them Panthro, cause that would be a sick name. Now to be on topic, the story of this show is great, the TC's come from the planet Thundera, and it is about to explode, so they have to find a new place to stay, they find this planet, little do they know that there is a great evil on this planet, that evil being Mum-Ra, possibly one of the greatest villains ever, and he is crazy. And they have great adventures on this show, whether one of them is kidnapped or hypnotized or whatever, THIS SHOW ROCKED!!!

Prehistoric fun in the '80s!

3.) Dino Riders
A few days ago, whilst rummaging through some of my old stuff i found something that excited me a lot. It was a videotape my parents recorded for me more than 11 years ago. How it survived that long is beyond me. Anyway, on it was the 1st episode of Dino Riders, as i watched it, it filled my mind with memories of days long past. It was a great show, it had cool villains, all of them some sort of reptile. And the boss of the villains was a great one indeed, a frog named Crulos(probably mispelled), and it sounded so much like my dad's name I thought that he was the frog, or vice versa. Oh the memories.

"Oh yes Skeletor, it's happenin' again."

2.) Masters of the Universe

By the power of greyskull this show rocked! On the same day that i found the Dino Riders video, I also found a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe beach towel, i don't go to the beach. so why keep it? Because of the memories, plus it can double as an awesome cape, whenever you are feeling crazy, or adventurous, or just stupid. I dont remember too much from this show, if you want the best information go to X-E, Matt really knows his stuff about 80s cartoons, especially Thundercats and Masters of the Universe.

Fire burns wood, but Wood floats on water, and Water extinguishes fire everytime!

1.) Battle Beasts

The above quote was taken from the Battle Beast Identification Poster. I dont really remember this show, but i do remember having the toys. I had so many of them, almost all of them. But most of them met their demise somehow, those storys are best kept unheard. I feel like this should be included on the list solely because i was such a fan of the toys, but had never seen the show. I still have the poster in my room, maybe in the future i will do an adventure about my room and take a picture of the poster to prove the validity of the statement. I wish the same stuff that showed in the 80s came on today. Then my life truly would be complete.

This concludes my 5 best cartoons article, i enjoyed writing it, because it allowed me to delve into the past cartoon shows which made me happy as a child.

-James "petersonhank" Rivera petersonhank
AIM:hankahpeterson

Special Thanks to Matt from X-E, and also to fouff from Big Meats for inspiring me and for me borrowing pics from their sites. And also for thieving fouff's layout. Stupid unoriginal me.